ZB's Vegan Recipes

Here's where you can find some fun, tasty and generally pretty easy-to-make vegan (and often low GI) recipes. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Iterations of pasta...

When I'm feeling a little uninspired, I fall back on pasta with [ingredient]. This week I have done two iterations of much the same pasta dish - lemon sauce with greens.

So, first iteration from Saturday (I think).

Lemon sauce of melted Nuttelex, lemon zest, garlic, spring onion, nooch and lemon juice. Organic penne, petit pois (or baby peas to you and me) and torn basil thrown in at the last minute. Lovely and fresh tasting.

Tonight's iteration - lemon sauce as above, but with some olive oil and some of the cooking liquid from the pasta to make it more liquid, with asparagus cooked quickly with the pasta, shredded spinach and stuffed green olives. All topped with faux fish fingers.

Less fresh and more filling, but lots of fun and great to eat!!


Lemon nooch sauce is a great light sauce, and a break from pasta with tomato-based sauces - plus it takes only as long as the cooking the pasta, making the sauce at the last minute. Which is always helpful when you want food quickly after work!

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss T said...

Ohhhhh....yummo. I am also of the pasta-it's-my-staple/lover/secret mother type of cook, but I've never been adventurous enough to make one like this. Lock it in for Friday night!

Fantastic posts too ... I think I could happily eat everything you've blogged about! (And we have the same blogger colour/layout combo ... right on!)

Miss T

11:39 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

YUM! I'm going to source some nooch today and try making your lemon sauce tonight. Looks creamy but not too decadent, ideal.

Pasta is my fallback too but I usually go with a tomato/garlic/onion base... not very exciting.

9:10 AM  
Blogger ZuckerBaby said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works out for you guys - I love making this pasta dish, tasty and super quick!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Jen Treehugger said...

I love the look and sound of both of these dishes but what is Nuttelex?

10:38 PM  
Blogger ZuckerBaby said...

Ah, international translations!! Nuttelex is a vegan margarine, made of sunflower and other seed oils. I use it in most cooking as a butter substite.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home