ZB's Vegan Recipes

Here's where you can find some fun, tasty and generally pretty easy-to-make vegan (and often low GI) recipes. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Collapsed in heap...

So today has been excruciatingly hot, and of course I had put off baking until today, and couldn't put it off any longer. So I am overheated and knackered.

But!! Since getting home at 7pm I have made two base cakes for Black Forest Cake, chocolate mousse (after a hideous moment when I realised that every single packet of silken tofu I had was rotten [don't ask me how] - luckily I had vanilla soy yoghurt in the fridge and used that instead, which turned out quite nicely), and a massive batch of chocolate truffle mix (which I'm hoping like hell will be firm enough by tomorrow). I'm leaving the packing and panicking until tomorrow morning - choosing sleep over organisation :-) I think everyone will be better for it...

So, yes, my first couple of VeganMofo posts are with the no-pretty-pictures and a bit whingy, but give me a couple of days when I've had some sleep and it'll be all vegan fun all of the time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

Ok I'm going to need to see some cake pretty soon or this could get nasty
:)

2:57 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I have had that happen to me with tofu before. Was it the Kinglands (or whatever it is) brand? They tend to go manky more than other brands.

I love your black forest cake. It is my favourite of your cakes. Bring it to me instead, it is wasted on the others. ;)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home