ZB's Vegan Recipes

Here's where you can find some fun, tasty and generally pretty easy-to-make vegan (and often low GI) recipes. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Vegan Indulgence ordering and availability information

So, it's the day before Vegan Indulgence hits the shelves, so I thought I'd give some notion of from where it can be purchased.

Online

aduki independent press, for both Australian and international orders
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
Cruelty Free Shop
Food Fight!

"Real" Life

Organic food stores, health food stores, book stores (such as Dymocks, Megalong Books etc) - go and ask if they carry aduki titles, or contact aduki for more information on stockists.

Last, but not least, I will be taking copies for sale to my upcoming Vegan Indulgence workshops. Come along and make some tasty treats for a day, and buy a copy into the bargain!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Can I be horrible and say because of aduki's preorder I already have my copy. I'm incredibly impressed!!! Looking forward to trying that creme brulee.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also received my copy. Very impressed. However as I'm not actually Vegan, my first obstacle is to work out where in Sydney I can buy vego- or vegan-specific ingredients.

3:41 PM  
Blogger ZuckerBaby said...

@zambuck - glad you liked the book! A couple of notes as to where you can get ingredients:
Vegan margarine - I used Nuttelex, which you can get from supermarkets.
Custard powder - Orgran's custard powder is advertised as vegan, and can be found in health food stores. Foster's custard powder is "accidentally vegan" and is in supermarkets
Soy cream cheese - this is something of a speciality, so finding it can be a bit of a challenge. If you are in the inner west, you can get it from Vegan's Choice and the IGA on King Street. There's a Franklins in South Hurstville that carries it. Try Kingland (Australian) or Tofutti (about which there is a debate in the vegan community due to the sugar in it possibly having been refined using bone char - but often it's easier to find, so I use it if I can't find anything else)
Vegan chocolate - Lindt 75% and 85% cocoa, Green and Black's, some of the el-cheapo cooking chocolate, and any dark chocolate that contains only cocoa, cocoa butter, and sugar. You can usually get all of these from supermarkets.

I hope that's helped!!

I should probably a post on finding ingredients, shouldn't I?

9:43 AM  
Blogger ZuckerBaby said...

@amy - yay for quickly arriving pre-order! Isn't it pretty? Have you tried anything yet?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Yeshe said...

Congratulations. Good luck with your book.
Grace Ugo.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home