ZB's Vegan Recipes

Here's where you can find some fun, tasty and generally pretty easy-to-make vegan (and often low GI) recipes. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Saturday March 7, 2009

Today was a bit of a disappointment, food wise, during lunch, but then got better around dinner time.

Lunch was yum cha at Green Gourmet. Green Gourmet's yum cha is always a bit hit and miss, their service isn't brilliant, they always seem surprised when they're packed out, they never make enough food, and their wait staff have established wandering patterns that always seem to miss out my table - whichever one I choose. Thankfully I have no compunction in flailing my arms to catch the wait staff's attention - or crash tackling them, whichever seems to be the most effective at the time.

Combined with all of the above, today there were a young family sat next to us whose younger child had an ear splitting yell, and was dispensing it at great length and volume for the hour that we were there. So not the best of experiences, unfortunately.

I spent the day at my friend Phil's house. We watched a couple of episodes of Sledge Hammer and a couple of episodes of Jack of all Trades. Consequently my brain melted for most of this evening from the sheer ridiculous eccentricity of the shows. Sledge Hammer...well, you really have to see it to understand the extreme oddness. Phil had been told that Jack of all Trades, starring the fabulous Bruce Campbell and made as a companion series to Cleopatra 2525, was "as camp as an evening with Zsa Zsa Gabor." We definitely agreed with this opinion, and concluded that the whole show was very much "Carry On Campbell". Don't get me wrong, it's made of awesome, but it's definitely unvegan (ie made of cheese). Check out the title sequence for an idea of it's very unique appeal.

Anyhoo, it was very warm in Sydney today, and I didn't really want to cook, and I had some leftover carrot-almond pate, so I made a different flavour of sushi for dinner. I mixed organic hummous with the carrot-almond pate, and filled the rolls with that, avocado, cucumber, sprouts, spring onion, sliced chilli, spicy tofu, sundried tomatoes and roasted eggplant. Made the same dipping sauce as last time and nommed down. I love sundried tomato, tofu and avocado together, great flavour combination.

The mixture of hummous and carrot-almond pate was a bit wet, so the rolls weren't as easy to handle or sexy as they could be, but I think I managed to get a couple of good shots...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home