ZB's Vegan Recipes

Here's where you can find some fun, tasty and generally pretty easy-to-make vegan (and often low GI) recipes. Enjoy!

Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday March 9th, 2009

This morning I made and consumed my first ever green smoothie. I didn't take a photo, because, well, I forgot (I'm not brilliant in the mornings). The smoothie contained: frozen banana, peach & pear, parsley, baby kale, walnuts, flaxseed oil, orange juice and water. The kale didn't blend down, but the tiny flecks in the smoothie were fine. And it kept me full for the whole 5 hours until lunch (though it helped that I was busy in a cafe kitchen making vegan vanilla slice - very distracting).

Lunch was Guzman y Gomez, tasty taco goodness.

Dinner was ginormous, but I was very hungry and it was mostly made up of greens, so didn't feel too bad about it. I made what I call my "beans&greens" mixture, which I've used for soups and pies and now salads. It's a flexible recipe, calling for whatever mixture of beans/proteins and greens are available.

Tonight's salad:

I lightly steamed broccoli and asparagus, then plunged them into ice cold water so that they stopped cooking and retained their crunch. These were tossed with butter beans, leftover spicy tofu which I cubed, half a chilli, garlic stuffed green olives, spring onions, rocket, spinach and my favourite lemon-nooch dressing. Very tasty.

Dessert: green grapes and a nectarine.

I suspect tomorrow will include lunch from Iku and an unknown dinner, as I'm going out with a friend for her birthday. Possibly I will have pasta, just for fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I have been intrigued by green smoothies. I really need to try one.

I also really need to go to that mexican place when I am down there next. How did I never go there when I lived in Sydney?

7:05 PM  
Blogger x said...

I keep hearing about Guzman y Gomez from omni mates, do you just ask for their tacos minus cheese & sour cream?

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home